Remember when you had to screen your phone calls by waiting to see who was leaving a message on the answering machine? Here are 10 things that people used to do in 1997 that feel incredibly outdated today (check out the full list at the link):
- Mail-ordering things from catalogs and waiting weeks for them to come in the mail.
- Answering the phone and literally having NO idea who was calling. (Caller ID existed, but was not standard.)
- Having to look up movie times in the newspaper.
- Calling Blockbuster to make sure the copy of the movie you wanted to see was in stock.
- Having to read a weekly tabloid in order to be up-to-date on Hollywood gossip.
- Calling an airline to actually book your flight.
- Going to internet cafes because there was no free wifi.
- Ordering CDs from commercials by phone.
- Getting up early to look at the paper to find out what the weather was going to be like.
- Having to buy and carry around maps whenever you went on road trips.
Here’s the rest of the list: https://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/no-one-does-this-anymore