Have you acted like an idiot in front of a potential love interest? You’re not alone. In a now-viral Reddit thread, users are sharing the dumbest thing they’ve ever done to impress a crush. Here are five of the most cringe-inducing confessions (check out the full list at the link):
- My senior year of high school, I told one of my best friends to throw the football as high as he could and I would catch it. (You know, to impress him and make him realize I was the girl of his dreams.) He threw it. High. I did not catch it. I did, however, fracture my pointer finger when it bounced off my hands, and I had to wear a finger cast to school for a few weeks and go to to physical therapy. He felt terrible. I felt like an idiot.
- I signed up for a French class in high school because a girl I liked was in one. It turned out that she was into me too, but my dumbass signed up for French 1, which she had already taken, and so the following year, she was in French 2 and I was sitting all alone in French 1 in a class I didn’t care about.
- While in the Dominican Republic, I went to an open dance competition, which around 200 people were attending. I was young, around 9-10, and spotted a cute girl who must’ve been around 14-15. So obviously I decided the best way to get her attention was to get up on stage and dance my heart out. So for three minutes, I shuffled awkwardly while maintaining constant eye contact with that girl and getting horrified looks from my parents. The coordinator cut me off early by pretending the speaker stopped working, and I got a pity clap.
- When I was a teen, I was in a taekwondo class with two girls around my age. They liked to go and have a smoke behind the mall before class, and I wanted to be cool and impress them, so I took up smoking too. One day, one of the girls came to class early, so I went and had a smoke with her. Then, the next girl came in and wanted to have a smoke, so I went and had another one with her. Upon coming back, we started doing our warm-up laps, and I felt very queasy. I had to throw up, so I ran outside, right next to a Dairy Queen, and threw up all over the glass wall where the cashiers and several people eating looked on in horror.
- I tried to do a backflip, despite never having done a backflip before (not even on a trampoline). I actually wound up just jumping backward and hitting my head hella hard on the ground, and then I woke up and threw up a bunch. If she ever had a thing for me, which all my friends said she did, it was gone that day.