19 Wildly Unpopular Music Opinions on Twitter
February 4, 2019 9:43AM CST
Twitter users are sharing their most unpopular opinions about music and some of their tweets are, well, questionable to say the least. Here are 10 examples (check out the full list at the link):
- Nickelback is a good band, but everyone hates on them because the internet told them to.
- Video game music is real music.
- Katy Perry is an underrated vocalist and songwriter. Y’all criticize her, but her voice has matured so much and is so unique that you know it’s her. People know her main bubblegum singles, but if you listened to most of her album tracks, they’re like the deepest songs ever.
- Taylor Swift doesn’t have any award-worthy albums.
- Ariana Grande is doing nothing unique at all. There’s nothing wrong with liking her, but saying she’s “changing the game” is a stretch.
- Music these days IS as good as it used to be. There’s bad stuff in every generation, we just get to hear the good stuff through nostalgia goggles (or technically, nostalgia earbuds).
- My Chemical Romance would’ve been one of the biggest and most influential bands of our generation if they weren’t categorized as just “a s**tty emo band.”
- Listening to an album from start to finish is the only way to truly appreciate the content.
- It’s okay for an artist’s most popular song to be your favorite. It doesn’t make you a fake fan.
- Frank Ocean can make a rap album better than most of your favorite rappers.
- Stop hating on “new” fans. You were once a new fan, too.
Here’s the full list: https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopherhudspeth/people-are-tweeting-their-unpopular-music-opinions-and